Microwave Salted Caramel Sauce
Learn how to make this yummy salted caramel sauce in the microwave. Such an easy recipe and a great one for kids. Do you remember our cinnamon and apple scones? This would be great drizzled over the top or make yourself a salted caramel coffee!
- Heat proof jug
- Metal spoon
- Glass jar for storage
- 120 grams salted butter
- 180 grams light brown sugar
- 60 grams double cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Put butter and sugar into the heatproof jug/bowl and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds. Mix well.
- Add the double cream and mix well.
- Place in the microwave and heat on full power for one minute. Stir it well and heat for a further minute. Make sure the sugar granules have dissolved and if not heat for a further 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave. Using a whisk, whip it for a minute until it thickens. You know it's at the right consistency when you run a finger through and it leaves a trail.
- Leave to cool at room temperature.
- Store in a class jar in the fridge for a couple of weeks. It can be melted again if a runny consistency is required.Serve with apple desserts, ice cream or sponge cakes . It can also be added to buttercream to make salted caramel buttercream or coffee for our sticky toffee loaf cake recipe.