Baileys Coffee Cupcakes
A light and fluffy coffee cake topped with Baileys buttercream and finished with a flake so you can scoop out the buttercream. A perfect grown up cupcake which can be adapted to suit kids too. Just replace Baileys with milk and coffee with chocolate.
- Stand Mixer
- Cupcake tray
- Cupcake cases
- Icecream scoop or dessert spoon
- Weighing scales
- Piping bag
- Star nozzle
- Tall glass
- 275 g plain fFlour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 185 g butter
- 185 g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs ( 150 grams)
- 40 g Baileys cream/milk
- 25 g powdered instant coffee
- 125 g butter at room temp
- 25 g Baileys cream/milk
- 250 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 mini chocolate flakes
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Prepare a cupcake try with cupcake liners.
- Place the flour and baking powder in a bowl and mix together and mix.
- Add the reamining ingredients; butter, sugar, egg, baileys( or milk), instant coffee and whisk to a light consistency.
- Using an icecream scoop place a scoop of the mixture into each cupcake case. It should be 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cupcakes are springy to touch.
- Leave the cupcakes to cool before adding buttercream icing.
- Place the butter in the mixer and soften it for a minute. Gradually add the icing sugar, mixing well each time.
- Add in the vanilla extract and Baileys cream
- Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes until light and fluffy like whipped cream.
Pipe the cupcakes
- Place the star nozzle in the piping bag
- Using a tall glass or container fold your piping bag over the top.
- Using a spoon or spatula fill the pipping bag with the icing.
- Remove any air bubbles by squeezing the bag to the top.
- Place the piping bag directly above the cupcake and press, squeeze and pull. Imagine you are piping a small ice cream cone.
- Continue until you finish all cupcakes.
- Add a mini flake. We used whole flakes cut in half.