You have no items in your cart.
Caramelised Apple and Cinnamon Scones With Salted Caramel Sauce
Bring these decadent apple and cinnamon scones to the next level with caramelised apple and drizzle with salted caramel sauce.
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Baking Tray
- Baking paper
- Pastry brush
- 500 g plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 120 g salted butter cold
- 60 g caster sugar
- 200 ml fresh milk
- 2 medium egg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 20 g salted butter
- 20 g caster sugar
- 4 small apples or 2 large apples granny smith or brambley
- Peel and core the apples and chop into tiny small pieces.
- Turn your hob to high. Add the butter,sugar and apple pieces to the saucepan.
- Heat for about 3/4 minutes stirring occasionaly so that it doesnt stick to the pan. When the apples have turned a light brown colour they are ready. Remove from the heat.
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Put the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and caster sugar into a large mixing bowl and mix gently.
- Gradually grate the butter into the mixture taking care to mix it in really well after each addition. Leave aside.
- In a jug beat the eggs together.
- Add the milk to the egg mixture and mix again.
- Leave a little of the carmelised apples aside to sprinkle on top. ( approximately one tablespoon) Add the remainder of the caramelised apples to the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Gradualy add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Only add enough of the milk mixture for it to come together in one piece. Depending on the flour and local humidity you may not need all the mixture. Also leave a little for an egg wash.
- Turn onto a floured board and cut with a scone cutter or make a circle and cut with a knife.
- Place onto the baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Using a pastry brush give the scones an egg wash and then sprinkle with the remainder caramelised apples.
- Bake at 190 degrees celcius for 12 minutes until golden brown.
- When the scones are cool you can drizzle with our homemade salted caramel sauce.