- Have a question?
- (00353) 838639921
An easy and understandable way of baking Sourdough
In this course I will guide you through all the stages of baking Sourdough bread. You will begin by creating your own starter from scratch.
Then through the topics:
- Sourdough Batard
- Raisin and Cinnamon Sourdough
- Sourdough Pizza
- Olive, Rosemary and Cheddar Sourdough
- ‘Super quick’ Sourdough Loaf
you will learn the fundamentals of baking Sourdough bread from your home kitchen.
The course is designed so that as you progress through these topics you will gradually build up your skills. For example, you will learn to mix, fold, ferment, shape, score and bake in our topic, Sourdough Batard. As you move on to the next topics, you will become more confident in using different methods of folding, varying your ingredients and adjusting your hydration levels, along with different fermentation, shaping and scoring techniques.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- What is sourdough? (the health/nutritional benefits explained)
- How to make, refresh and use a Sourdough starter
- Equipment you will need for baking Sourdough
- Mixing Sourdough and when to add ingredients
- Folding techniques to build-up the structure
- Bulk fermentation explained and different options of how to do it.
- How to shape your Sourdough
- Different methods of baking Sourdough
- Sample schedules/timings so you can fit baking Sourdough into your life
- Baker’s percentage explained.
- How your environment affects your bakes and how to adjust accordingly.
- How to add additions to your Sourdough and their effects
- How to store your Sourdough
WATCH OUR VIDEO - see what you could be baking soon!
INTRODUCTION TO THE COURSE
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO GET STARTED
Step 1 MAKE YOUR SOURDOUGH STARTER
Let's get started!
By learning a simple baker's percentage formula you can scale recipes to suit your own needs.
To begin we will make a plain sourdough batard, lets get started.
After preparing your dough in the previous workshop and leaving it for 48 hours you can now shape your pizza dough and bake.
RAISIN & CINNAMON SOURDOUGH BOULE
In our next bread you will develop your skills further by learning how to add ingredients and how they affect your dough. You will also increase the hydration and learn a different shaping technique.
OLIVE, ROSEMARY & CHEDDAR BATARD
In addition to the other skills you have learned in your previous bakes you will learn how to increase the hydration of this dough and how to handle it. Additonal scoring techniques and how to add savoury ingredients.
THE SUPER QUICK SOURDOUGH LOAF
A tasty & nutritious tinned loaf.
A little recap, suggestions of how to adapt recipes and where to go next!
Another few tricks I have up my sleeve!
- High Quality 4K Videos
- Lifetime Access
- Wide Range of Topics
- Certificate Upon Completion
- Downloadable PDF Recipes
- Email Support by an Artisan Baker