We are kicking of our “Perfect Picnic Bakes” recipe series with a huge favourite in our family: Cranberry and white chocolate cookies. Perfect for sharing with your gang at your next picnic! Click on the link below for full video tutorial.
Cranberry and white chocolate cookies
- Stand mixer/Bowl and wooden spoon
- Baking trays
- Weighing scales
- 2 Baking trays with baking paper
- 200 g Plain flour
- 150 g Butter at room temp
- 120 g Dried cranberries
- 100 g White chocolate chips or chunks
- 90 g Granulated sugar
- 70 g Light brown sugar
- 1 medium Egg ( 50 g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Bic of soda
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Prepare the trays with baking paper
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together by gradually adding spoonfulls of sugar at a medium speed setting on your mixture. Do the same with the white sugar.
- Gradually add the egg and mix well at medium speed.
- Gradually add the flour on a slow speed setting.
- Add the white chocolate and cranberries and mix well on slow speed.
- Add in the vanilla extract and bic of soda and mix well on slow speed.
- Roll a ball of the mixture in the palm of your hand and place on the baking tray. Continue until you use up all the mixture. Make sure to leave plenty of spcae as the mixture will spread in the oven.
- Bake at 170 degrees for 10-12 minutes until a light golden brown colour. This mixture should make 12-13 large bakery style cookies.