You have no items in your cart.
This is a really easy flatbread recipe using only a few ingredients. They are pretty much the same as wraps or tortilla and can be used in so many different ways. We love them with falafel, skewered BBQ chicken, with a curry or with sandwhich fillings. Absolutley delicious and so soft and floury. There's no problem uisng flour to roll these out as they can stick a little to the countertop. Also a great one to make with kids. they will love rolling them out and watching them bubble. We had lots of families who baked these along with us in our Bakealong last year and they all had great results and enjoyed the process!
- Bowl, spatula, hob, frying pan or grilling pan.
- 250 g plain flour
- 250 g natural yougurt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50 g melted butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
Make the dough
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt and yoghurt.
- Bring it together to shape a ball.
- Turn the dough onto a floured countertop and knead gently for 1 minute, just until there are no straggly bits.
- Press down into a disk shape and mark 8 triangular slices of equal size - like a pizza.
- Cut the slices and shape into small balls
- Cover with a tea towel and leave to rest for a couple of minutes at room temp.
- In the microwave melt the butter and add the crushed garlic.
- You are now ready to roll the dough balls. Roll them into discs as thin as you can without tearing. Use plenty of flour on your countertop and rolling pin to avoid them sticking too much.
Bake them on the hob
- Brush one side of the flatbreads with the garlic and butter mixture.
- Make sure you have a really hot pan to cook them. Put your first flatbread onto the hot pan butter side down.
- Wait for it to bubble. Then turn the other side over and cook.They only need about 2 mins each side. . Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Wrap in a clean teacloth and sprinkle some drops of water in between each flatbread to keep them soft.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley. They are now ready to serve.
If you would like to see the process of making these flatbreads you can check out our instagram video.Flatbreads – Easy recipe and video! Enjoy and if you try this recipe tag us on social media @devotedtobakes. We love seeing your photos! Loraine