You have no items in your cart.
Parmesan Pesto Rolls
We are continuing our perfect picnic bakes this weekend with another favourite recipe. These work really well for school lunches too and are delicous with a cream cheese. If you try them tag us in your social posts @devotedtocakes
- Weighing scales
- Bowl wrap/cling wrap/ tea towel
- Baking trays and paper
- Pizza cutter / sharp knife
- 250 g Strong white flour
- 10 g Butter at room temp
- 4 g fast action dried yeast
- 5 g caster sugar
- 5 g salt
- 50 g milk
- 90 g Warm water
- 80 g Pesto
- 40 g Parmesan cheese grated
For the top
- 20 g sesame seeds
- 1 Egg
Make the dough
- Mix flour and salt together in a bowl
- Rub in the butter with your fingers
- Mix in the remaining ingredient;sugar, yeast, water and milk.
- Mix to a soft dough
- Knead by hand for 10-12 minutes or 8 minutes on medium setting on your electic mixer. It should be soft and springly to touch.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a teatowel/cling wrap and leave to prove for 1 hour. The dough should have doubled in size. Remove from the bowl.
- Roll out the dough on your coounter top in a large rectangle shape. The thickness should be 1/4 inch. Try not to use any flour. If it sticks sprinkle a tiny bit on your counter but too much flour makes your dough tough.
- Using a knife or spatula smooth the pesto over the dough
- Sprinkle with parmesan
- Fold one side over the other. See video
- Cut into 7 strips
- Twist them together, tie a knot and hide the seam underneath. See video for technique.
- Place them on your prepared baking tray.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with seseme seeds and parmesan.
- Cover and leave to prove for 45 mins. They should look nice and puffy.
- Bake at 210 degrees celsius for 20 minutes
We hope you enjoyed our recipe. To see a detailed video tutorial check out our instagram stories here. Parmesan Pesto Roll Video tutorial If you try this recipe tag us on social or leave a review below.Thanks and enjoy, Loraine