The only vanilla cupcake recipe you will need!
Light fluffy vanilla cupcake recipe. This recipe has been used over the years for our parties and events and it never fails. You can adapt it with the additions of fruit zest or different flavours. It can also be used for a vanilla cake. This makes 10-12 cupcakes depending on the size of your cupcakes cases/liners.TIPS AND TRICKSCUPCAKES: Incorporate the eggs a small amount at a time and mix well after each addition. We bake our cupcakes at 150 degrees celsius as this avoids them peaking and makes them easier to decorate. BUTTERCREAM: Make sure to mix the buttercream really well until it looks like freshly whipped cream otherwise it can be grainy.
- Electric mixer, cupcake trays, cupcake liners, ice cream scoop, oven.
- 200 g self raising Flour
- 200 g salted Butter ( room temp)
- 200 g caster sugar
- 200 g eggs medium
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- 400 g salted butter room temp
- 800 g icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases
- Mix up the butter first until its smooth. Cream the butter and sugar: gradually add the caster sugar 2 tablespoons at a time and mix on medium speed until its light and fluffy and changes colour slightly to a whiteish colour.
- Add the vanilla extract
- Beat the eggs. Gradually add the egg mixture a tiny amoujt at at a time and mix really well beofre adding more. This prevents the egg from curdling and makes the cupcakes really light and fluffy.
- Add the flour in two halves and mix well each time on a low speed.
- Add the milk and mix again gently.
- Using an ice cream scoop fill the cupcakes cases two thirds of the way.
- Bake for 18- 20 minutes until the cupcakes are golden brown and springy to touch
- Leave to cool in the tray first for about 30 minutes and then you can transfer to a wire rack. This prevents the cupcake cases from peeling.
- Place butter in a mixing bowl or electric mixer and mix well.
- On a medium speed gradually add the icing sugar 2 tablespoons at a time and mix really well after each addition.
- Mix for five minutes on medium speed or unitl it looks like freshly whipped cream. Don't skip this step or it will be grainy.
- Add the vanilla extract and milk and mix well.
- You are now ready to pipe. Using a piping bag and star nozzle pipe a swirl on your cupcakes.